100% carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC) dressing
KerraCel dressings are designed to:
- Contour to the wound bed to minimize dead space where bacteria can live*,1
- Lock in exudate*,2 to protect pre-wound skin from maceration
- Form a soothing gel when wet
- Sequester harmful components found in exudate*,1
- Help maintain a moist healing environment
- Be removed from the wound bed in one piece
KerraCel™ absorbs more and shrinks less than AQUACEL® Extra™
KerraCel shrinks less than AQUACEL® Extra™, allowing you to utilize more of the dressing on the the wound surface.*,2
KerraCel micro-contours to the wound bed better than AQUACEL® ExtraTM *,1
1. An assessment of the intimate wound contact properties of KerraCel. CHC R223. Data on fi le, Crawford Healthcare Inc.
2. In vitro tests to analyze KerraCel and AQUACEL Extra. CHC R189. Data on fi le, Crawford Healthcare Inc.